Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Relief Society a few sundays ago a sister read this poem that was written by a friend of hers and I will share it with you.....

Prayer For Today
By Cleta Marianne Johnson Fisher

Dear Father in Heaven
I thatnk Thee for this lovely day
That Thou hast given me,
This day which ere shall come but once
in all eternity.
And since each golden moment will
On wings of time take flight,
May I seize each fleeting second
That in doing so I might--
Perform in sincere righteousness
the labors of this day,
may my thoughts and acts be noble
As well as the worrds I say.
May I ever yet be mindful
That as this day moves on,
The time it offers me when used
Is then forever gone.
May I welcome each new challenge
As an opportunity,
to exercise in all good faith
my gift of blessed agency.
And when tonight O pause awhile
to reflect upon this day
May O rejoice with heart and voice
for all that's come my way.
And may I know within myself,
That I have done my best
To meet each challenge unafraid,
May I be filled with a sense of peace
A may I even borrow
a dream or two that could come true,
on the day I'll call tomorrow.

No comments: